I found this on Andrea’s blog and liked it so here goes…
I have bolded those I have done. Comments in italics
1. Started your own blog. (April 2008 for this one, and some false starts prior to that I started one on Blogger and a couple on Live Journal)
2. Slept under the stars. (not quite – have slept in a tent)
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited The Great Barrier Reef. (I can highly recommend Lady Elliot Island – our stay there in 1989 was one of the highlights of my life)
5. Stood under the stars in the outback, the real outback – think Uluru. ( I went on a birdwatching trip up the Birdsville Track in 1992. You don’t get much more outback than that!)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. (now why does that sound like boasting – it does… How does one define what you can afford?)
7. Been to the Gold Coast’s theme parks – anyone, you take your pick. ( went to Movieworld with MissN, my sister-in-law and my niece on 28 Dec. I still am recovering from this ride!)
8. Climbed a mountain. Cleft Peak, 3281m, 1986. I will never forget that altitude!
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sung a solo.
11. Bungee jumped, jumped out of plane, been paragliding or hang-gliding, hot air ballooning – you get the idea, you’ve been hundreds of metres about earth in a seemingly flimsy contraption. Nope. No chance!
12. Visited Melbourne. I love Melbourne – it’s been 10 years since we were there last. Too long!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Had a child. Raised a child. Worked with children. MissN was 14 on Saturday so I guessed she is still being raised. I taught Secondary School (English and History) for 5 years in the 80’s.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Been to the Snowy Mountains. Love the Snowy Mountains but I have not been there in winter!
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Visited the Brett Whitely studio in Surry Hills, Sydney.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus. Tried to. I took a bus from Johannesburg to Cape Town once and was seated next to an 8 year old who was a chatterbox.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Been backpacking. Only carried a backpack on bushwalks. Does a 4 day walk count?
23. Taken a mental health day.
24. Been buried in sand with just your head and toes sticking out.
25. Held a possum, kangaroo or koala – or any other native Australian animal. I’ve had a kangaroo stand on my foot! And a kookaburra sit on my lap (I was eating a salmon sandwich and he wanted some!)
26. Gone skinny dipping. Barrington Tops. We hiked to the top and camped beside a pool.
27. Been in a fun run.
28. Been on the Blue Mountains cableway. No, but I have done the Scenic Skyrail.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Played, or watched, summer cricket.
32. Sailed, kayaked or canoed our beautiful waterways.
33. Seen the Daintree.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. umm, which ancestors? Mine come from all over Europe.
35. Visited an Aboriginal settlement or mission.
36. Learned a new language. Not to fluency, but I can still get by in Afrikaans, read some German, and I have fleeting reminiscences of the Sotho I studied at uni, and I have some community college French and Italian.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Toured the Sydney Opera House.
39. Tried rock climbing (indoor or outdoor), abseiling or just simple bush walking. Bushwalking!
40. Visit Queensland’s Gallery of Modern Art. Nope, but we were right next door on 26 Dec and decided to visit the Queensland Art Gallery and Museum instead.
41. Been to the Tamworth Country Music Festival. No, but I this is me in front of the Golden Guitar last Tuesday!
42. Sunbaked at Bondi. Briefly. I don’t sunbake.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Broome. Not yet! On my wish list!
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone fishing. I have accompanied family fishing. Does that count?
49. Seen Tasmania’s old growth forests.
50. Been to the top of Q1, on the Gold Coast.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. Snorkelling. I LOVE snorkelling!
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. My first date with C was at a drive-in. The Hill-Fox for those who knew Johannesburg in the 70’s.
55. Been in a movie. I have been on A Current Affair and Today Tonight!
56. Driven the Great Ocean Road.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Norfolk Island. Been to Lord Howe Island!
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Guide biscuits.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone jet boating.
66. Visited Port Arthur.
67. Bounced a cheque.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favourite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Australian War Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt. Yep, I have yet to quilt a quilt though…
73. Stood in Federation Square.
74. Been on the Murray River. Crossed it, but not on a boat on it..
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Travelled, or climbed, over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Three Sisters at Echo Point, Katoomba.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited St Mary’s Cathedral, in Sydney.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Been to Hermannsburg.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Does the local newspaper count?
85. Read the entire Bible. Getting there…
86. Visited Parliament House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Saved a pet. All our cats have been shelter or stray cats.
95. Been to the site of the Eureka Stockade.
96. Swum in The Whitsundays.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a mobile phone. This is a bit outdated!
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day.
I tag all the Aussies reading this!